DVD Reviews - Supergirl Season 1 [Emz]

Wednesday 6 September 2017


So I have had this series for a little while now and I really enjoyed the first season. I have recently bought and started watching Season 2.

So if anyone has seen Smallville then this is a different Supergirl to that show.

Here is the Introduction to each episode of the first season:
"When I was a child, my planet Krypton was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin. But my pod got knocked off course and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grown up and become... Superman. And so I hid my powers until recently when an accident forced me to reveal myself to the world. To most people, I'm an assistant at CatCo Worldwide Media. But in secret, I work with my adoptive sister for the D.E.O. to protect my city from alien life and anyone else that means to cause it harm. I am Supergirl."

Review:

So for this first season the show aired on CBS in America so it wasn't originally part of the Arrowverse, so it is set in other universe... kind of.... anyway.

I like the speed that season one runs at. the first episode slowly introduces her at Supergirl but we grow to know her as Kara also. I like that we also learn as she learns, the path she is going down isn't an easy one and she ends up finding new challenges along the way.

We also meet other members of her Krypton family and learn why they are so different from each other.

I loved this series. I enjoyed seeing Melissa Beniost in something else following Glee and it was an interesting crossover when Grant Gustin (also previously from Glee) pooped up in an episode as The Flash.

Thats it for now. I will review season 2 once I have finished the DVD.

Till next time

Emz x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP