Rodger and Hammerstein's The king and I (Zee Tay film review)

Friday 6 October 2017


Film: The King and I
Year:1956
Director: Darryl F. Zanuck
Starring: Deborah Kerr, Yul Brynner,  Rita Moreno, Martin Benson,  Terry Saunders, and Rex Thompson.

The King and I is set in the 19th century Siam which follows the story of a female English teacher Anna and her Son traveling to Siam to teach The King's children. It shows the relationship growing between them. But with a king who unwilling to change for the better, will Anna be able to convince him what right from wrong or will His unwillingness to change drive Anna back home to England.

This is one of the few classic I grew up watching, from a young age, and every time I watch it I always see something different in the movies.

This story now I am a 21 year old has a strong massive, that even though we are in the 21st century, there are still a few country very much like one of Siam in 1863.

Of a women in that time Anna was very brave to travel alone and entering one of which is Siam, but like the the opening song about whistling and you won't be afraid, has a great message about trying to not be afraid and face your fears.

It very educational Musical, that I totally recommend watching. The age group I would say would be 8+ as there is one scene which I feel any younger won't understand near the end.

Overall I give the movie a 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP